Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 ~ Year In Review

As this December comes to a close I feel a nudge to look back on the year and reflect.  I am not a big one for making New Years Resolutions.  This year has not been an easy year by any means.  It was full of ups and many deep pits.  Over time I have learned that it is good to look back and remember the good parts even with the bad.  It's a way to see how God's hand was there amidst even the hardest parts.  I still have many unanswered questions, but I know that He walked with me through it all and continues to do so every day.  One thing this reflection has helped me with is to truly see that I have many blessings to be thankful for.  Even as I write this post, I still have many unfulfilled dreams but, I know that I can rest and trust in His perfect timing.  I would really encourage doing your own Year in Review! :)






Highlights:
  • My 5 year old niece had heart surgery and has recovered fully.  Praise God!
  • My parents and I completed another big house project of tearing down my fence and putting in a white picket fence in the front yard.
  • I took a two and half week Confectionary Arts course in Toronto and learned many new skills and met some wonderful people in the field.
  • Traveled for a month in Toronto, New York and Boston.  I was stretched beyond my comfort zone, but am so thankful for the experience, opportunities and history I saw and learned.
  • I got the privilege of working with my cousin on my new branding design and logo.
  • I turned 32 with a fun Favorite Things party with my girlfriends and then had a relaxing day with my family watching the Hawks win!

Numbers:
  • We got to be a part of 27 different weddings, birthdays and events.
  • This summer we did 24 Farmers Markets and Shows.

Milestones:
  • In September, I have been in my house for 3 years.
  • My business has been up for 5 years and continues to grow!
  • I completed my 8th year of Teaching.

My biggest blessing I am most grateful for.. my family! 

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment